Search this site
- Thanks to @MVPAward @alliewiz13 and all the folks from the community. #CommunityRocks https://t.co/7Tv9ryZ3r8 2 days ago
- @jdscher @MVPAward But why is your 5 year ring in the 4 year spot? Cannot unsee this now... 3 weeks ago
- @Voicemann @MVPAward @MicrosoftTeams Not even posed, just what was sitting on that spot of my desk. I do have other stuff on my desk too :) 3 weeks ago
- A little bit of bling thanks to @MVPAward and @MicrosoftTeams. #5years #TeamsJusticeLeague https://t.co/QT43CjCnaY 3 weeks ago
- Happy Saturday! Although I am stuck in Ohio and couldn't attend in person (or am I behind the camera?) some of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: federation
While troubleshooting push notification failure issues with a client, I found an interesting problem. The client had already configured the SRV record as required (http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/), and disabled the URL filtering as required (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2664650), but push notification was still failing with … Continue reading
Recently, while creating some documentation for an install it struck me that federation may be a bit confusing if you aren’t working with Lync on a daily basis. With that in mind I’m writing this article in hopes of clearing … Continue reading
Recently I was working with someone from the technet forums to test their open federation. I added the contact to my list and sent them a message and immediately received the dreaded 504 error in MOC. Since this has been a hot topic on the forums and I see lots of searches landing people here for 504 errors I wanted to share again. I began the troubleshooting process by starting a new debug session on my edge server to grab a SIP trace (see my previous article on the same subject here for more information).
Since the blog I did on Live Meeting troubleshooting I have seen a lot of queries leading people to the site for troubleshooting OCS. I’ve also seen a ton of questions on the subject on the MS forums. All this has lead me to the conclusion that OCS troubleshooting isn’t that easy to get a handle on. With that in mind I’m writing this post on troubleshooting federation. First and foremost, this article is about troubleshooting a mistake I made during a deployment recently, and if you ask any PSS engineer they will tell you 80% of the problems they face with OCS are based on the same thing: human error/configuration error. As I said in my last troubleshooting post, I’m no expert on troubleshooting OCS, but hopefully this post will help someone out there. As always I encourage you to share your stories and methods if you think they may help someone else.