Search this site
- @MicrosoftTeams And then they don't reply when you say "OK" 3 days ago
- @ucomsgeek It was super cool for both of us to randomly be in the same town for a bit! Great catching up with you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @ucomsgeek https://t.co/62Lmyb7MWg 1 week ago
- @ucomsgeek That guy looks like the dude from the #TeamsJusticeLeague 1 week ago
- RT @TeamsUG: Tomorrow we have 3 in person UG meetups Baltimore - Columbus - Milwaukee You still have time to sign up. Door prizes include… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Forefront UAG
As you may have guessed by the title, I get paid by the acronym….
With the release of Microsoft’s Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) many companies have found a very useful product to securely publish applications such as OWA, Direct Access and SharePoint (among many, many others) from one place. UAG also includes a TMG server built into it, which you can utilize as a reverse proxy for OCS or other applications you don’t want to require authentication for. Microsoft even has a great support article detailing what is and isn’t supported here. The article very clearly states you can utilize the TMG on your UAG server to publish OCS (although it doesn’t specify which roles); however making it all work is not as intuitive as one might hope. With that in mind, I’d like to share what I learned while working on a recent deployment to help others who want to utilize their UAG for other purposes.
For starters let’s talk about the network; here is what my lab looks like for this scenario…..