Search this site
- @ucomsgeek Don't let @adamjacobs see these..... 1 month ago
- @ucomsgeek https://t.co/nTKs3GEeSi 2 months ago
- RT @TeamsUG: In Person #MicrosoftTeams User Group meetings coming up. Milwaukee, WI: Wednesday Sept. 28th Philadelphia, PA: Thursday Sept… 2 months ago
- RT @TeamsUG: New York Teams User Group is happening tomorrow. Note the new location at the #Microsoft Experience Center, should be fun. M… 2 months ago
- @tomarbuthnot I use this in email all the time. Being new to a big team it is sometimes hard to know where everyone… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
Join 1,817 other followers
Tag Archives: TMG
As you may have guessed by the title, I get paid by the acronym….
With the release of Microsoft’s Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) many companies have found a very useful product to securely publish applications such as OWA, Direct Access and SharePoint (among many, many others) from one place. UAG also includes a TMG server built into it, which you can utilize as a reverse proxy for OCS or other applications you don’t want to require authentication for. Microsoft even has a great support article detailing what is and isn’t supported here. The article very clearly states you can utilize the TMG on your UAG server to publish OCS (although it doesn’t specify which roles); however making it all work is not as intuitive as one might hope. With that in mind, I’d like to share what I learned while working on a recent deployment to help others who want to utilize their UAG for other purposes.
For starters let’s talk about the network; here is what my lab looks like for this scenario…..